Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Bookish Serendipity Co. Launch ~ Staying Organized As A Blogger And Entrepreneur



Who loves Etsy? Handmade bookish jewelry? Organization? Well, you'll probably love what's included in this post! Jessica @ Bookish Serendipity just launched her Etsy shop yesterday and she's running a blog tour in celebration. I'm so excited to share one of her guest posts, as well as some info about her shop, to you all today. She has some pretty good organization tips.☺

Enjoy the post!

bsclaunch

First of all, thank you so much to Kaitlin for letting me stop by her blog today! I'm a teen blogger and entrepreneur (as well as high school student!) and today I'm going to be talking about staying organized and juggling all the different roles you may be playing. Everyone who has ever run a blog knows that it is a lot of work, from replying to comments to writing content to taking photos to networking, and more. Sometimes it even reminds you of running a business and since starting Bookish Serendipity Co, my business where I sell affordable jewelry and accessories inspired by books, I can definitely confirm that this is true. 

With so much going on, how do manage everything without going crazy? One word: organization. Here are a few tips and methods that work for me: 

1. Keep everything separate 

I have specific areas for my blog work, my jewelry-making, and my schoolwork. All of my blog posts can easily be drafted and saved on my Wordpress account, and the only physical objects I use for blogging are my props and camera, which are kept in a labelled box unless I'm using them. Jewelry-making is a lot messier, and I usually have my crafting space covered in wires and beads and chains. Still, I have one desk that I use for jewelry-making and nothing else, so that things won't get mixed up with another project. 

2. Checklists are your friend 

I'm one of those people who are obsessed with organizers and schedules, and they work really well for me. Each week, I write myself a to-do list of little things that need to be done by Saturday, and work to accomplish those goals. The tasks can be anything like: · Brainstorm for next month's newsletter· Write two blog posts· Photograph 3 jewelry pieces· Order additional mailing supplies. 

I've found this to be tremendously helpful, as well as rewarding when I finally finish the tasks. 

3. Plan ahead 

When I first decided that I wanted to start Bookish Serendipity Co, one of the first things I did was write a plan for the business, both short-term (2015 goals) and long-term (where I want to take Bookish Serendipity Co in the future). 

It's also important to be prepared in case to worst (or best) case scenario happens. It's unlikely, but what if? Even if that particular scenario doesn't happen, being prepared helps with any little bumps along the road.

If there is anything that blogging and running Bookish Serendipity Co has taught me so far, it's the importance of organization and planning. Being organized helps quickly resolve any potential problems, and makes everything about my different roles so much more enjoyable. Basically: it rocks! 

Bonus: I'm offering extra bonus freebies to the first 25 customers at Bookish Serendipity Co. I'm actually going to have a hard time sending these freebies out, because I love them so much. Good luck!


clicktoshop




You also want to know about the jewelry, right?

Here are some of the items Jessica is selling! Their prices range from $10 to $12 (US dollars). Below are two of the necklaces in her shop right now. There are a lot of others, including ones inspired by Red Queen, Shadow and Bone, Rook, Cinder, and Cruel Beauty.

And here are the earrings! They're inspired by The Fault in Our Stars and Throne of Glass

About Jessica Bernt

Jessica is a reader, blogger, and entrepreneur. She runs the store Bookish Serendipity Co. on Etsy, where she sells affordable literary-inspired jewelry and accessories for book lovers. Jessica lives in Canada with her family, dog, and a never-ending TBR pile.

About Bookish Serendipity Co.

At Bookish Serendipity Co, you can find a variety of jewelry pieces and accessories inspired by books that are both affordable and beautiful. Bookish Serendipity Co is run by me, a teen blogger and entrepreneur. All pieces are handmade for you, perfect for everyday wear. Looking to share your passion for books with the world? Bookish Serendipity Co is for you.

Links

Shop / Twitter / Pinterest / Blog / Email

How do you stay organized? What do you think of Jessica's Etsy shop?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.