Tuesday, October 6, 2015

List Love ~ Books I Recently Discovered

The title explains what this post is all about, but there's a twist! I'm sharing some good looking books I discovered in the last month, as well as ones I've found in their "Readers Also Enjoyed" section on Goodreads. So, putting this post together is making me look for new books.☺ I'm also going to attempt to explain what the book is about (or what it seems to be about, according to their descriptions). 

(This list was inspired by a conversation Holly @ The Fox's Hideaway and I had on Twitter!) 

I believe I discovered Deeper We Fall while browsing Amazon. It was free and the author was vaguely familiar, so I picked it up! The story takes place two years after a car accident. Lottie starts her freshman year and comes across Zack and Zan, the brothers that were responsible for the accident. It looks like a darker NA.

From the "Readers Also Enjoyed" Section:

Fall From Love is similar to Deeper We Fall, but it features a mountaineering accident. Also, the main character's name is Holly.

Second Rate Chances is about a guy trying to regain his life after a coma and a woman who (I think) is his old girlfriend. This one features memory loss. (And I just realized that the author's name is Holly.)

In, Kasey Screws up the World, Kasey . . . well, she screws up a lot then "starts a blog to confess her sins" when people don't seem to listen to her apologies. Then she has to make amends. It looks like a nice book. It was free on Amazon when I discovered it, so it's on my Kindle!

From the "Readers Also Enjoyed" Section:

Holly Hearts Hollywood features Holly Hart, a plus sized girl from a small town that wants to be a famous singer. She goes to LA and is offered a contract by a label, but only as the voice. Someone else is in the spotlight, lip-syncing to her music. From what I can tell, the story is told with Holly's journal entries.

Because of Her follows Tabby is forced to move to London and start at a new school. After having issues with her parents and girlfriend (or ex, most likely), Tabby "starts to turn her life around" with the help of a girl at her school.

I discovered Song of Blood & Stone in my Goodreads feed when a friend added it to your shelf. The first line of the description is definitely interesting: "Enter an alternate 1920's world of magic and adventure in this gripping, new adult, fantasy romance... " Guys. Alternate 1920's world. I love the sound of that!

From the "Readers Also Enjoyed" Section:

I'm not exactly sure how to explain Sword, but it sounds awesome! It seems that a nursery rhyme starts coming true, which messes up people's futures. As the description says, "[in] the space of a single night her entire life unravels into violence and chaos. Now Kyali must find a way to master the magic her people have left behind, or watch her world--and her closest friends--fall to a war older than the kingdom itself."

Breaking Free seems to be a sci-fi about a girl wanting to save her mother, who was kidnapped by CAGE (the Coalition to Assimilate Genetically Enhanced Persons), without joining the revolution. It's a multicultural book.☺

"Magic and mayhem collide with the British elite in this whimsical and sparkling debut." Sorcerer to the Crown is a really cool looking adult fantasy featuring a freed slave/sorcerer, a "unusual" woman, and big changes to sorcery in the world.

From the "Readers Also Enjoyed" Section:

In The Traitor Baru Cormorant, The Empire of Masks takes over Baru's land and she climbs her way up through the Masquerade to take them down. This one is also adult fantasy! It has really good reviews.

Archivist Wasp is set in a post-apocalyptic world and features ghost-hunting and a trip to the underworld.

That's it for this list! Have you read any of these? Do you like exploring the "Readers Also Enjoyed" section on Goodreads?

Also, do you like lists like this? I like to explore Goodreads a lot and I would like sharing my findings.☺

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.