Sunday, November 15, 2015

Review ~ Surviving Ice by K.A. Tucker

Series: Burying Water #4
Genre: NA contemporary/suspense
Publication Date: October 27th, 2015
Publisher: Atria Books
Goodreads Description
The USA TODAY bestselling author of the Ten Tiny Breaths series and Burying Water—which Kirkus Reviews called “a sexy, romantic, gangster-tinged page-turner”—returns with a new novel packed with romance, plot twists, and psychological suspense.

Ivy, a talented tattoo artist who spent the early part of her twenties on the move, is finally looking for a place to call home. She thinks she might have found it in San Francisco, but all that changes when she witnesses a terrible crime. She’s ready to pack up her things yet again, when a random encounter with a stranger keeps her in the city, giving her reason to stay after all.

That is, until Ivy discovers that their encounter wasn’t random. Not at all… 
Why I Read This Book
I've really enjoyed the Burying Water series! Ivy has been my favorite character since she was introduced in book one. There was just something about her that made her stand out from all the others. I was so excited to read her story!
Review
Source: I was given access to an e-ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Surviving Ice was my favorite book of the Burying Water series! I connected to this one more than I did the previous books. I liked the characters, plot, and romance more as well.

I loved Sebastian! He was a little strange because he was so still (as in, the way he carried himself), yet very flirty. He was a former Navy seal with lots of baggage and many big secrets. He didn't think he was the best guy to be with, so he didn't get close to people.

Ivy was amazing. I discovered she would have her own story right after I met her in Burying Water. She only showed up for a little bit, but I was so excited to read her book. She's a very memorable character. Her personality was one that came to life one the pages, and she was a wonderful character to get to know. I loved how tough she was and how well she handled situations. I loved that she also had a vulnerable side, though, because it allowed me to get to know her more.

Ivy and Sebastian were very well matched. Both had tough exteriors. Neither got close to many people, but they still had their soft sides. Ivy's was more pronounced because she was a more vulnerable than he was in this book. Hints of his softer side was shown as he started to care more and more for Ivy. He also carried a lot of guilt and worry. Ivy and Sebastian's shells cracked in different ways, and I really liked seeing how they handled it individually and how they reacted to one another. He came on pretty strong sometimes, but Ivy could handle it. I loved seeing how close they became.

I really liked the plot and suspense. The Alliance, the video tape, the secrets: there were intriguing elements. The suspense was exciting! It was easy to be absorbed in what was happening.

All of the other K.A. Tucker books I've read felt a little flat, but Surviving Ice didn't come off that way. I could easily feel the emotions the characters were feeling. (I find that kinda funny since both Ivy and Sebastian tried not to be very emotional.)

Overall, Surviving Ice ended a romantic, suspenseful companion series strongly. I loved getting to know Ivy and Sebastian and watching them grow through overcoming hurdles both individually and as a couple.
My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.