Monday, November 2, 2015

S.F.D. Open Letter to Sonya Mukherjee


It's time for another mission for Sassy's Fangirl Debuts (hosted by Talina @Sassy & Dangerous)! We're writing more letters to debut authors! I wrote a letter to Erin E. Schneider last time and today, I'm writing one to Sonya Mukherjee. Be sure to check out the #SassyDebutAgents hashtag on Twitter to find links to the other agents' letters to debuts.

(Unsure of what SFD is? You can check out the intro post to learn more about it.)


Hi Sonya,

I'm one of your newest followers on Twitter! I hope you've been having a great year and are having a good time preparing for your debut.

Gemini sounds like an amazing book! I don't think I've ever read a book focusing on conjoined twins, so it'll be something completely new and refreshing to me. Sister-sister bonds are fascinating to read about, though. They can be infuriating (there always seems to be a lot of drama between sisters), but I love how strong they can be despite the rocky parts. I'm excited to meet Clara and Hailey and learn about what sets them apart from one another--what makes them individuals. They sound so different! I'm also excited to meet Max because I'm a sucker for romance. :D
The phrases "break your heart" and "risky, life-threatening surgery" (from the description on your website) makes me think your book is going to make me really sad sometime before it makes me really happy. I love sad books. They make me feel. So. Much. So, I'm actually excited that your book might stomp on my heart a little.

I can't believe we still have so long until your debut releases!! Writing this letter has made me even more excited about reading it!

Have a wonderful day.☺ I'll see you around on Twitter!

Happy reading,

Kaitlin @ Reading is My Treasure
About the Author 
I grew up in California’s Gold Country, where I spent a lot of time sitting in trees, reading books and writing stories in my head. Now I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, where I spend a lot of time sitting in coffee shops, reading books and writing stories on my laptop. I like to play board games with my husband and kids, watch the kids' soccer games, and scare them with my terrible dancing. I list some of my favorite books on Goodreads, and reserve any other ratings for OKreads or Not Really My Thing Reads. My debut novel, GEMINI (Simon & Schuster), will be out in summer 2016.

Website / Twitter
About the Book
Below is the Goodreads description, but there's another on Sonya's website! It mentions some extra details about the twins and the love interest.

Gemini by Sonya Mukherjee
YA contemporary
Releasing July 26th, 2016
Add to Goodreads
Goodreads Description: 

In a powerful and daring debut novel, Sonya Mukherjee shares the story of sisters Clara and Hailey, conjoined twins who are learning what it means to be truly extraordinary.

Seventeen-year-old conjoined twins, Clara and Hailey, have lived in the same small town their entire lives—no one stares at them anymore. But there are cracks in their quiet existence and they’re slowing becoming more apparent. Clara and Hailey are at a crossroads. Clara wants to stay close to home, avoid all attention, and study the night sky. Hailey wants to travel the world, learn from great artists, and dance with mysterious boys. As high school graduation approaches, each twin must untangle her dreams from her sister’s, and figure out what it means to be her own person.

Told in alternating perspectives, this unconventional coming-of-age tale shows how dreams can break your heart—but the love between sisters can mend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.