Wednesday, December 2, 2015

November Recap + December Stuff

Whoa . . . it's now the last month of the year. O__O

November Recap

Life and Blog Wise
It was a stressful month and I feel like I was a really bad mood often. I had some pretty good moments towards the beginning of November, though. It was mostly blogging related! I posted a few discussion posts that I felt really happy with, like Getting Back Into the Blogging Mood, Sometimes the Sequel Makes Me Interested in Book One, and What Makes a Contemporary Stand Out? The second half of the month didn't go as well as the first. It was mostly just reviews I caught up on writing.

Reading Wise
I didn't read quite as much as I wanted to because I got distracted a lot this month. Wolf by Wolf and Winter were my favorites! I was very happy with how Underwater turned out, too. Just Visiting had a fantastic friendship. Make it Right and Not if I See You First were quick reads! The Revenge Artist and The Walls Around Us were both good reads, but not as great as I was expecting.

I also read more than half of Come Back to Me, The Girl From Everywhere, and Dangerous Girls in November.


How I Did on My Goals
  • Let's repeat this one! Do not add a larger number of review copies to my TBR than the number of books (including finished copies) I read or DNF this month. 
I added a total of 19 review copies to my TBR, so I definitely didn't reach this goal.
  • Stick with updating my reading log for most of the month. 
I did do this, but I didn't update it every single day. I had to backtrack a lot to figure out what I read the previous day.
  • Post some more lists (List Love). Maybe something related to music? I've been meaning to post something like that for months. 
I didn't post any more List Loves, but I did settle on something related to music as a new feature. It'll launch this week!
  • Try to find a commenting rhythm. 
Ha! Well, I did try. I wasn't successful, but that will take some time.
  • Host a giveaway. 
D: I didn't do this.
  • Spend time on Twitter, but don't waste it. I spend way more time browsing on Twitter than I should. It's really handy when I'm procrastinating, but not so handy when I want to make things happen.
Er...there were more moments where I wasted time than I liked.
  • Finish Ouran High School Host Club and Clannad. (They're my first animes.) Start another one. 
I DID THIS! I finished those two and I've been watching Death Note.

December Stuff

Goals
  • READ READ READ. 
  • Choose my next read with a TBR jar at least twice. 
  • Post something about my 2015 reading stats. 
  • And, as always, do not add a larger number of review copies to my TBR than the number of books (including finished copies) I read or DNF this month.
  • Turn my phone off more often. It helps me stay focused, and since I want to read a lot, using my phone less will help a lot.
What I'm Looking Forward To This Month
  • Christmas! 
  • Finishing with my current classes! 
  • New feature! 
  • Holiday Bookish Bingo!
  • Winter break! 
  • READING TIME!

How did November go for you? What are you looking forward to in December?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.