Sunday, December 27, 2015

What a Rollercoaster | Loud is How I Love You

*I received an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.*

When I discovered this NA on Netgalley, I thought it couldn't hurt to give it a try. Actually, it was available to wish for instead of request, so I was pleasantly surprised when I got an email saying my wish had been granted!

I was excited to dive into this one because it sounded like a really fun and sexy book. It sounded like something I would really enjoy!




About the Book:
One girl’s heart gets rocked to the core in the first novel in this sexy New Adult series.

Twenty-one-year-old front girl Emmylou knows that getting her band noticed in the ‘90s indie rock scene will be no easy task. She definitely knows better than to break the number one rule of the band: Don't sleep with your bandmates! But after she ends up having the best sex of her life with her guitarist, Travis, she finds following that rule is a lot harder than it sounds.

When the band gets the gig of their dreams, making it big seems just within reach. But Emmy’s inability to keep her hands off Travis threatens everything they’ve worked for. Can Emmy find a way to break the rules and not blow the chance of a lifetime?
Add to Goodreads

*Releasing January 19th, 2016 from InterMix*

My First Impression
I was impressed with how it started out! I don't know what I was expecting, but I was sure surprised by the first few paragraphs. It jumped right into the fact that Emmy slept with her bandmate and was in freak out mode because of it. I really liked how this set the tone for the rest of the book and how it gave me a great first impression of Emmy.
The Other Parts of the Book
Characters
Emmy is . . . oh man, how can I even describe her? She's loud. She's completely foul-mouthed. She freaks out. She acts selfish often. She focuses so much on the band and the future that she doesn't see how it makes things more--not LESS--complicated with Travis. She's random. She keeps changing her mind. She's definitely not ashamed of how much she enjoys sex. She's incredibly passionate. But most of all? Emmy is an AWESOME character. She got on my nerves sometimes when she freaked out over and over again, but I actually ended up loving that. Her story was a whirlwind and her POV was really fun.

Travis is mischievous and FUN. He's also very protective. I don't have as much to say about him, but trust me. He's great!

I wish I got to know Cole and Joey more. I don't know who they are. I mean, I know they're the other two members in the band and they're really close to Travis and Emmy, but I can't tell the two apart. There just isn't enough information about them. They seem kinda silly, though? 

There's a lot of small characters: people in other bands, a trucker, some friends, a couple family members, and quite a few more. There are sure some . . . interesting people in the mix. They would fit in on a cast of a comedy movie.

Romance
The romance is a rollercoaster. It goes back and forth over and over again. There's a ton of drama in this book and it can get a bit tiring, but it's worth it! It's an interesting romance, and Travis and Emmy have great chemistry. 

Story
Like I said, there's So. Much. Drama. It's a sweet story, though. I cried. Yes, I did. The story feels like this long string of chaotic events and drama and love (okay, lust came first) and conflicted feelings and loud music. I didn't like that feeling at first, but I ended liking it because it seemed to suit the characters.

Final Thoughts?
If Loud is How I Love You were a movie, it would be one of those R-rated romantic comedies that are both so random, but so heartfelt at the same time. It's a fun, sexy rollercoaster of a book and I highly recommend it if that's your sort of thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.