Tuesday, March 1, 2016

February Recap + March Stuff

Is it a new month already?!

February Recap

Life and Blog Wise
It's been rough. I participated in the #LoveAThon last month and it was amazing. But...once it ended, I felt even more disconnected from the community that I was before, which is the opposite of what was supposed to happen. I'm starting to realize that I won't get fully back into the community--into blogging in general--until I get some personal stuff taken care of. Some things have been weighing on me too much to focus on much of anything lately, so I think that's been affecting my connection to the blogosphere (and therefore my blogging mood) a lot. :/ 

I'm not going on a haitus since I really like having a place to post something random and fun like this post when the idea lingers in my mind, so there might not be any noticeable changes in my posts. (Another reason for this is that I'm not feeling nearly as negatively about this blog as I am about my life or as disconnected as I am to the blogosphere--it's still very much a positive thing for me.) I might be a lot less active on Twitter, though.

Reading Wise
What an odd assortment of books. :D I wasn't in a big reading mood for most of the month, but I think I'll read more in March. I'm happy to say that I finally tried manga! My friend let me borrow the entire Mamotte! Lollipop series and since they're such quick reads, I was able to read them all. They were cute! My favorite book of the month was One Tiny Lie! I loved the characters and the story and all the feelings it made me feel (from anger to joy). Symptoms of Being Human was my second favorite since I loved Riley and the story. Four Seconds to Lose was an enjoyable read. I really liked the couple and story in that one. The Mistake and Perfect Kind of Trouble weren't quite as great as the previous books in their series, but I still really liked them. Free to Fall was a neat read. I'm glad I finally read it.☺

How I Did on My Goals
  • Like always, do not add a larger number of review copies to my TBR than the number of books (including finished copies) I read or DNF this month.
I did it!!
  • Stick to my TBR list for at least 60% of what I read.
  • Read mostly review copies this month (so at least 51% should come from my review TBR). I want to see if I can manage to do that. :D
  • Post all the reviews I wrote for the books I read in January. (I have 12 finished or almost finished.)
  • Post another discussion.
I posted a discussion on what "Out of Your Comfort Zone" means and used New Adult as an example of how comfort zones can change.
  • Post another Reading List.
I posted Reading List castoffs for a TTT...does that count??
  • Comment on blogs at least 10 days this month.

March Stuff

Let's give this month a theme:

Get. Shit. Done.

That's it! I'm not listing any blogging goals or a TBR or anything like that.

How was February for you? What was the best book you read last month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.