Tuesday, March 22, 2016

I'm Excited For ARC April!

Have you heard of ARC August? It's an annual event hosted by Octavia and Shelly @ Read.Sleep.Repeat. that is all about tackling those ARCs! Well, they're hosting ARC April this year too! It's the same challenge--just in a different month.
Guidelines
ARC April, like ARC August is all about YOUR personal goal in regards to YOUR ARCs! This was made as a “low pressure” but maximum benefits kind of challenge and I really want to continue that! The only real rule for ARC April is any books you count towards the challenge MUST be an ARC. It can be an e-ARC or physical ARC. It can have a 2017 release date or an overdue date of 2010! As long as it is an ARC we won’t judge you or take that accomplishment lightly.
For more information, you can go to this post. There are incentives for a giveaway and a linky for you to sign up on. Sign ups close on April 15th.

My Goals
I'm going to go with 10 ARCs. That feels like a really big number for April because I won't be on break, but 1) I'll have a much smaller class load than usual and 2) I'm ridiculously behind in ARCs.

I've taken a break from requesting* ARCs and . . . reading them as well, it seems. But I still have a lot of 2016 (and 2015) ARCs to catch up on. I kinda fell out of my the habit of reading review copies (they used to take up the majority of my monthly TBRs) lately and now I'm trying to get back into it until I catch up. I'm hoping ARC April will help me do that.

*I still pick up Read Now/Downloadable ARCs from Netgalley and Edelweiss. I also still sign up to review books for the Sunday Street Team and accept an occasional book to guest review on readingteen.net.

The Books
I'm not sure what I'll read! I would like to get to a mix of ARCs I'm behind in and ones of books releasing soon. Here are some upcoming releases as well as a recent one. 


These are only some of the options! I'm not sure how many of these ones I'll get to in April, but maybe a few, I hope?

Are you planning to participate in ARC April?? If you have any ARCs to read at all, you definitely should! I've always had a great time with the challenge in August. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.