Thursday, March 24, 2016

List Love ~ When Book Love Fades

Have you ever read a book that you absolutely LOVED--but only at the time? While you're reading it, you're flailing over how amazingly great it is, but your love for it fades over the next several months or couple years?

This happens to me sometimes! It can be a little disappointing because who ever wants to love a book less than they originally did? No one!

For this post, I'm including 4.5 and 5 star reads from 2014/15 my love has faded for.
2015 Reads
My review for ACOTAR was probably one of the most glowing ones I wrote last year, but as we're gearing up for the sequel, I've noticed that my excitement is at a . . . 10. Out of 100. I recently updated my favorites shelf and several books that I loved last year--All the Rage, Six of Crows, Finding Center, Illuminae--made it on there even though it usually takes a LONG time before I can call a book a favorite. I barely considered ACOTAR for the shelf. It's definitely a fantastic book, but I don't love it as much as I did when I first read it.

All the Bright Places is a heartbreaking book. I CRIED. SO MUCH. But I also passed this one up for my favorites shelf. I'm not 100 percent sure what to say about this one now. My feelings are a bit...complicated. I don't know.

I loved all the things Everything, Everything made me feel while reading it, but now I feel . . . almost nothing. I was sure this was going to become a favorite of mine, but it hasn't lingered with me long enough to even consider it as a potential favorite. I still really like the book! My love has just faded to the point where I see this as just another book on my "read" shelf.

2014 Reads
I gave Something Strange and Deadly one 4.5 stars rounded up to 5 on Goodreads and . . . it just looks so out of place when I go through my 5 star books. My last impression of the last book was pretty bad and I think that had a pretty big impact on how I saw the entire series in the long run.

My memory of a lot of book fades with time as well, but not remembering a book very well doesn't always affect how much I love it. (Perfect example: Siege and Storm) As I've forgotten about Maybe One Day and Cut Me Free, my love has faded. I'm sure rereads of both would go over really well, but I doubt that would make them favorites.

What about you? Do you have any books you used to LOVE, but you just . . . don't love as much now?

Psst...I'm thinking of making a similar list for books my love for has grown over time. That seems like a happier post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.