Monday, March 21, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday (49) ~ How Long Has It Been?

Top Ten Tuesdays is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and a weekly meme where we simply make a top ten list for the week's topic.
Ten Books I Really Love But Feel Like I Haven't Talked About in Awhile
New Adult Romance
Callum & Harper by Fisher Amelie - I lovveee it so much!! This book is one of the reasons I love fake relationships so much. It's one of the best ones I've seen anywhere (both books and movies/shows). This one has a bit of drama in it.

Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park - This one also has a fantastic romance! And the characters. They're remarkable. This one is a sweet read, but there are some sad parts. Even though I consider it NA because there are college-aged characters, it can be considered YA/NA crossover. If you're a YA fan reluctant to read NA, this would be perfect for you.

Paranormal Books
Storm by Brigid Kemmerer - I don't remember that much from this one, but I remember the characters being amazing! They felt solidly created. I loved how the paranormal and contemporary elements mixed together.

The Collector by Victoria Scott - Dante Walker is infuriating, but he is a fantastic character. I'm mainly including this one because I just binge-watched the available episodes of Lucifer and now I really want to reread the book. Check out the tweet below to see why...
YA Contemporary
Pointe by Brandy Colbert - Out of all the books on this list, this is the one I read the most recently (this past October). It's a tough story that will leave you feeling immensely proud of the heroine. That was the biggest impression this book left with me.

Anatomy of a Misfit by Andrea Portes - This one is hilarious, but also really dark. This part from the description puts it better than I could (it's a spot-on way to describe it):
Anatomy of a Misfit is Mean Girls meets The Perks of Being a Wallflower, and Anika’s hilariously deadpan delivery will appeal to readers for its honesty and depth. The so-sad-it’s-funny high school setting will pull readers in, but when the story’s dark foreboding gradually takes over, the devastating penultimate tragedy hits like a punch to the gut.
Science Fiction
Denton Little's Deathdate by Lance Rubin - This book is a crazy, fun ride! The concept of the deathdates and the way it's handled it unique. It's a refreshing read.

Gone by Michael Grant - This series is one of my favorites, though I still haven't finished it... (Whoops.) Gone is an intense read with a great cast of characters. The supernatural powers are fun. :)

YA Historical Fiction
A Countess Below Stairs by Eva Ibbotson - I adore this book because ROMANCE. This is one of the book that I reread over and over in middle school and high school. It was so easy to fall in love with. 

Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys - This is another book I don't remember all that well, but I remember two things: 1) it was very well written and 2) it was a powerful story that made me cry.

Have you read any of these books? What did you put on your own TTT this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.