Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Random Ramblings of a Stir Crazy Bookworm

My brother says our black lab is going senile. He trots around in circles and barks at things that aren't there. Today, he just sat and stared at me as I was trying to get him to stand up, move, ANYTHING. There was a time when I tried luring him with a treat--this always works!--and he just sat there, completely uninterested. It could be something else, but it has reminded me that he's getting old and that he won't always be with us.

Anyway, this post is really about how I'm relating to my dog in this really...weird way. He recently paced around the table like something was bugging him and I DID THAT IN MY ROOM, TOO. I've been feeling stir crazy! I paced for a little bit, took a shower, then immediately started writing this post.

Right now, my life is very...isolated. I have a ridiculously unbusy life right now and it's getting to me. I only have one class (yes, I know it's weird, but I only have one left before I leave my current school) and it's on Mondays and Wednesdays. One of my best friends has class on different days and she's also an unemployed student without a driver's license living on a hill out in the country. (So, we don't see each other often.) My other best friend leaves the campus around the same time that I get out of class, so the average amount of time I get to see her each week may be five minutes. Probably less. And my group of friends have never been great with the texting/chatting online for hours thing, so it's been a few weeks since I've spent quality time with anyone besides my mom.

Along with this, my laptop isn't working. I know, I know. I feel like I've complained about it a LOT online these past few months, but I really hate my computer. I need to do something with it, but it's still going to take some time. I have access to my mom's computer, but it's in the living room and it's noisy and I've never been quite comfortable working on my blog stuff there. Anyway, I'm using my phone for most stuff and it's fraying on my nerves because formatting and editing reviews and blog hopping is just not the same. Switching between tabs gets annoying. And the screen is so small, even though it's a smart phone. It's still smaller than a laptop screen. My fingers cramp up when I'm typing too.

*sets down phone to stretch fingers**returns to post a minute later*

So, using my phone for most of the things I do on computer AND using it for normal phone things feels really restricting. It gives me this nagging feeling that I can't put my finger on. Or maybe that's my stir-crazy state talking. Either way, I'M ANNOYED WITH TECHNOLOGY.
And now...my weird Twitter haitus (that isn't actually a haitus because I'm still tweeting and responding to mentions, though I haven't spent more than a couple minutes in my feed for the past two weeks) adds more to the restricted/stir crazy feeling. I'm doing it because it's just not a positive thing for me at the moment, but I think I'm going through Twitter withdrawals. I've been really active there for two and a half years and cutting back a lot on my interactions there (and for more than just a weekend) isn't a super easy thing to do. You might've seen me tweeting or instagramming random stuff through my Hootsuite app lately and it's because I miss talking to people and really can't help not tweeting ANYTHING.

Speaking of, every time someone says something to me (through a response to a tweet or a comment on a blog post), I get more excited than usual. My brain goes EEEEEEEEEEEE, HUMAN INTERACTION! SOMEONE HEARD ME! So yeah, if you comment on this post or talk to me at all this week, consider yourself hugged. Because you're awesome. And thank you so much. :) This reminds me that I tweeted about how I thought a readathon based on reading books you've been recommended by your friends/fellow bookworms and have been meaning to get to would be awesome and I feel like I got a pretty good response to that. Two other bloggers have offered to help if I decide to make it a thing, which is AWESOME. They're lovely people. :) I'm really excited to know there's a couple bloggers willing to help! I have three things I need to take care of first: 1) fix my computer situation, 2) implement my major blog changes, and 3) become a little more active on Twitter again. But after that? I really, really want to make the readathon a thing.


I think I'm out of ramblings...I thought I had some more to say! I think my fingers just hurt and I want to give it a longer break from typing.

WAIT. I REMEMBER WHAT I WANTED TO SAY. It only kinda fits in. I think this stir crazy state is making me really aware of my own words and...I don't know. I feel like my posts are stiffly written. I hope it's just a recent thing (please oh please), but I'm trying to work on making my sentences and paragraphs and such less weird sounding.

It's possible that this post is really an exercise for me to just get my words down in a less stiff way. I didn't intend for it to be like that. This started out as a way to get words of my head and now it feels like it was meant to just change things up.

I hope this post made sense and didn't bore anyone reading it. I did warn you about the ramblings in the title.

So. How are you?? What have you been reading? What have you been blogging about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.