Sunday, May 15, 2016

How My Week Went ~ A Big Reading Update and Not Much Else

Hello again! I have another update, which is mainly about what books I finished/made progress in this week because...I didn't really do much else. I was in a READ-ALL-THE-BOOKS mood, so that's what I did. :D
Reading Update

Trigger Warning: Short Fictions and Disturbances by Neil Gaiman (4 stars) - I'm officially a fan of Neil Gaiman! His writing is wonderful. The creepy and weird stories were my favorite from the collection. That was a big portion of the book!

Rat Queens, vol. 2: The Far Reaching Tentacles of N'Rygoth by Kurtis J. Wiebe (4 stars) - I didn't like this one quite as much as the first volume (mainly because Betty barely had a spotlight and she's my favorite), buy I really enjoyed reading it!

Y: The Last Man, volumes 7-10 (Paper Dolls, Kimono Dragons, Motherland, and Whys and Wherefores) by Brian K. Vaughan and Pia Guerra (3-4 stars) - I finished the series! The ending was a little underwhelming, but I still cried. The series as a whole was a 3.5 star for me.

The Vegetarian by Han Kang (4 stars) - I didn't get the full impact of this because I didn't connect fully to the characters, but it's SO well written. It was a memorable, haunting novel. And short!

The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay (4 stars) - I FINALLY READ THIS ONE. I put it off for sooooooo long, but I suddenly felt like reading it the other day. I really liked it! See my 4 star rating? Despite that, I'm still...disappointed. My expectations may have been a little high and there were some parts that fell short for me.

Take Me On by Katie McGarry (4 stars) - finally read this too! It's my least favorite of the series, but I definitely still enjoyed it! It was a nice romance.

Dearest Clementine by Lex Martin (4 stars) - The beginning was really rocky for me because the writing didn't seem great, but I ended up ADORING this book! The couple had fantastic chemistry and a natural feel to their relationship. 

Spark by Brigid Kemmerer (5 stars) - This was such a satisfying book! This had me hooked from the I was able to sink into the story so easily. I LOVED IT. I definitely need to continue the series soon...especially since I put off reading this for THREE YEARS. I can't wait that long for the next one.

Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins (3.5-4 stars) - This was super fun! The characters are definitely the best part for me. The conflict seemed a little watered down, so the event the book led up to felt anticlimactic.  I guess I wanted more intensity.

I also read more from Outlander (yay!) and Code Name Verity, but not much. I read half of The Way I Used to Be and All of You (though that's technically not part of last week's reading since I started it early this morning). I read a little from What If?: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions as well.
Music
It was a very girl group centered week. I discovered "Hair" by Little Mix and have listened to it...a lot. I listened to a lot of Destiny's Child too, which I haven't done in a long time.
General Life and Blogging Stuff
It was a really good week! I had a midterm on Monday that I was nervous about, but I ended up doing really well on it. It made me so happy!! Class was cancelled on Wednesday, so I didn't have much for school that I had to do. I went to the library again, though it was a rushed trip. My mom and I tried a new restaurant (or drive in diner, I should say) again. It was one of the best ones we've tried! I also finished up season 10 of Supernatural, which is the furthest I can get until season 11 is added to Netflix.

Blogging was...*coughs* Almost nonexistent. I did post a review this week, though!

Plans For The Upcoming Week
More reading? I'm still in the mood to consume books one right after the other, so I should probably take advantage of that, huh? I'm going to try to read more review copies than anything else. I would love to get my pile down to only a three or four books by the fall. It's going to be hard, but hey, I love the challenge. :)

That's it for this week!

How was your week? Read anything great?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.