Friday, May 13, 2016

Romance on a Cruise | Out of Frame by Megan Erickson

I have a review for a romance for you today! I've enjoyed all the books in this series. :)

*I received an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.
Romance trades the open road for the high seas in the latest from the author of Focus on Me and Trust the Focus...

Perpetually shy, Quinn Mathers is content to remain in the shadow of his brash best friend Jess Hartman. But before their college graduation, he and Jess have planned one last hurrah: a spring break Caribbean cruise.

And it won’t be just any cruise. On board are members of the reality show Trip League, which follows young twenty-somethings on adventures around the world. Since the show’s beginning, Quinn has been fascinated by J. R. Butler, with his amazing body, warm eyes, and killer grin. Unfortunately, he’s straight—or so the world thinks.

At nineteen, J. R. signed a contract to play straight for the show, and there’s no way to get out of it now. Yet with each passing day, Quinn and J. R. find it harder to keep their hands off each other and to keep out of the camera’s frame. But when the lens finally focuses on them, J. R. must decide if he’s willing to risk his career by admitting his bisexuality, and Quinn must determine if he's bold enough to stand in the spotlight with the man of his dreams...

*Released March 15th 2016 by InterMix*
My Thoughts
This book was satisfying, happy, and sweet. I didn't love the romance quite as much as in the previous books, but I still found Jay and Quinn to be adorable. They were really good for each other. I just liked the characters and their chemistry a more in the other books.

I loved the families of both guys! They didn't have much of an on page presence, but the SUPPORT. That was huge. It was complete unwavering support and I loved seeing that. It was such a happy part of the book. There was so much support from other characters too!

Quinn was soooooo cute (though he doesn't like to be called that). He's cautious and kinda awkward. I really liked that he stayed true to himself and wasn't open to a secret relationship after the cruise. He was out and had been for a long time. I thought he had a great influence on J. R.--being with him reminded J. R. of what he was missing. It made him feel more like himself.

J. R. was a bi guy pretending to be straight for a reality tv show--it was in his contract. It was messing with his identity and he was clearly not happy about it. (Who would be?) He felt stuck. He didn't feel like he could change much about his situation. The motivation behind his choices was hard to dispute. I couldn't blame him for agreeing to that contract because he felt like he had good (if not misguided) reasons to do so. His story was about embracing his identity again.

Overall, Out of Frame is another great addition to the In Focus series! I've been really enjoying meeting the characters in the books and tagging along on their journeys. I'm so. Excited. For. Levi's. Book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.