Sunday, June 5, 2016

How My Week Went ~ Make That Two Weeks

I didn't end up posting a weekly recap last Sunday, so this one includes two weeks work of reading and updates! I'm also including a little bit on my May recap and June goals.
Reading Update
 
I'm including the non-illustrated novels and a short story collection I finished! 

All the Feels by Danika Stone (4 stars) - I ADORED this! I felt giddy after reading it. It started out roughly, but I was completely into it in the second half.

Shade Me by Jennifer Brown (4 stars) - This was an exciting read! I was in a big mystery mood because of Criminal Minds and this book satisfied that. 

The Razia Short Story Collection by S. Usher Evans (4 stars) - This is the perfect addition to the Razia series experience! I especially loved the two epilogue stories that took place after the series. I was so happy to get to see how the characters were doing!

Say Yes to the Marquess by Tessa Dare (4-4.5 stars) - I had so. Much. Fun. With this book. I loved the humor, romance, characters, themes, and story. I found it easy to adore.

Girl Against the Universe by Paula Stokes (4-4.5 stars) - This was my third Paula Stokes book and it feels like her strongest one yet! I was touched by this one. I read it on a day that started out badly and it felt like exactly what I needed to end that day with.
Music + TV
I've been slightly obsessed with a few songs: "I'm in Love With a Monster" by Fifth Harmony and "Got To Get You Into My Life" by The Beatles. The latter is from the credits of Minions, which I finally watched! I wasn't as familiar with it as much as the other Beatles songs I've heard, so obviously I had to put it on repeat to make up for lonst time. :D There was a night when I listened to a bunch of Alicia Keys songs over and over. I love a lot of her lyrics!

I watched a ton of Criminal Minds then took a break to start Bagel Motel. It's really interesting! It's a prequel of sorts to Psycho, and if you've seen the movie or read the book, you know that the tv show is creepy. I love the acting. Freddy Highmore has done well in the role of a young Norman Bates. It's kinda scary.
General Life and Blogging Stuff
These past two weeks haven't been great, to say the least. A lot of worries, especially social related ones, slammed into me and rmthings got a bit overwhelming. This weekend is going better, though, so I think my next recap will be a more positive one. *crosses fingers*

Needless to say, my blogger fire that I mentioned two weeks ago faded pretty quickly and I didn't get nearly as much blogging done as I wanted. I also slacked off on responding to comments and I'm sorry for that. I'm working on catching up this weekend.

I did do some pretty serious TBR planning this week! I'm still determined to get near the bottom of my review pile by the fall. I have a title, a bunch of number goals, and some incentives written on a sheet of paper and it feels really motivating. :D  Plus, I'm doing this with Crystal @ Bookiemoji! I already feel like having another person working on similar goals is keeping me focused.

May Recap and June Goals
May was a huge reading month and I'm not even going to try to figure out a number. I read manga, graphic novels, Tor short stories, short story collections, novels, and even a nonfiction book. I read YA, NA, and adult. My ratings included a lot of 3 or 4 stars, with a 2 star and a couple 5 stars mixed in. There were some DNFs too! I really like how many different different experiences I had with books last month. :)

My May theme was Sort Things Out and...I don't know if I did that or not! I'm not going to pick one for June. My June goals are to stick to my ARC reading plans,do well with blogging, and keep up with booktube and blogs!


That's it for this update!

How was the last couple months of May for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.