Saturday, June 11, 2016

Mingling With Books (Test Run #2)

As I stated in the first test run, I'm trying out a new feature! When I was thinking of a way to approach this sort of post (the kind that showcases a mix of upcoming/new releases and older ones I've discovered or am excited for), I wondered if I should take the silly route or the regular one. I took the silly route the first time and talked about the books like I had met them at a party. 

This time, I'm just grouping books I've been thinking about lately (but haven't read yet) under different categories and simply saying why I'm interested.

June Releases I'm Excited For
The King Slayer and The Long Game are two of my most anticipated sequels of the year! I haven't heard much about the former yet, but I've some really, really exciting things about the latter. I've seen people go into all caps freak out mode on Twitter after reading The Long Game, so obviously I need to figure out what the heck goes on in that book!

The Way to Game the Walk of Shame is also one of the June releases I'm really excited about. I have a thing for books with fake romance in it and this just looks like something that will suck me in quickly.

I'm On Hold...
I have six ebooks on hold through my library on Overdrive, but there are three that I'm kinda sorta close to getting. I keep checking my hold position. :D There are three people in front of me for Bully, which comes highly recommended from Holly @ The Fox's Hideaway. It's one of the many, many books she's recommended to me. I read Corrupt because of her and ended up loving it, so I may like another Penelope Douglas book!

Then there are two people ahead of me for Losing It and First Touch. I absolutely LOVE Cora Carmack's Rusk University, but have been oddly reluctant to read her Losing It books...I read the Amazon sneak peek for the first, though. I think I'll like the rest. I know very, very little about First Touch. I'm not even sure why I decided to put it on hold...hmm. 

Because of BookTube
One of my favorite booktubers is Michelle from MichEllisLife! I love watching her videos and interacting with her and getting to know her. (If you watch booktube, I highly suggest checking out her channel!!) Books are climbing up my TBR pretty quickly because of her. More Happy Than Not is now one of my next reads. I've been meaning to read it for awhile, but her review was the push to get it to the top of my TBR. I've been thinking of If I Was Your Girl a lot lately. It's been on my radar for awhile, but seeing it in some of Michelle's most recent videos (including her review) has made me even more interested in getting it soon. And then there's Orhan Pamuk's A Strangeness in My Mind, which is very different from what I'm usually drawn to. I've been thinking of it ever since hearing her talk about it! (I have access to it, too. I just need space in my reading plans...) I just feel like experiencing the book.

Discoveries + Books I Need in My Life
I DO have Forgive Me If I've Never Told You This Before. There was a 25% price drop in the ebook (to $3.99) on Amazon and I took that as the opportunity to get it. This is an LGBT book set in 1989 Oregon, which is when the state was trying to pass antigay legislation. It's loosely based on the author's own experiences growing up. I don't know how to explain why I'm so interested in this one, but I'm super excited to have it now!

Tell Me Again How a Crush Should Feel has also been on my radar, mainly because I discovered that my library has it. (It doesn't get a lot of newer YA, so I was surprised.) I'm realizing that I don't know anything about this besides the fact that it's has an f/f romance... I believe I've been told it's good, though I'm not 100 percent sure. The title and cover are making me want to read it!

One of the most memorable discoveries I've made recently is In Present Tense. First of all, THAT COVER. It's so colorful and lovely! Also, the premise sounds amazing. This guy goes to sleep dreaming about a future with his boyfriend, then wakes up in the future to find out that he has a wife (who he knew in high school). Then he tries to find a cure to this condition that allows him to time travel. It sounds like an awesome book!

And lastly, I discovered a fall release (for the US): My Sister Rosa. The first sentence of the description says, "What if the most terrifying person you'd ever met was your ten-year old sister?" That's all I needed to know to want to read this! I absolutely LOVE a good psychological thriller because they're exciting, thought-provoking, and memorable, and My Sister Rosa looks like a great one.

Have you read any of these books? What books have been on your mind lately?

Also, if you've seen both versions of Mingling With Books, which one did you like better? I'm not sure which style to continue with. 

Thank you for checking out the post! Happy reading. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.