Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Books I Want to Read By the End of the Year | Top 5 Wednesday


It's time for another Top 5 Wednesday! ☺ This was created by Lainey @ gingerreadslainey and is now hosted by Sam @ Thoughts on Tomes. Topics and info are posted in the Goodreads group, in case you want to look further into this feature!

This week's topic is . . .


Books You Want to Read Before the End of the Year

I want to read sooooooo many books before 2017, so I'll break this up into five different categories and pick one of the top books I'm eyeing within them.


Finish a Series
I've been pushing this book off since it released. D: I'm reluctant to finish the series, but all good things must come to an end, right? I'm in the middle of Clockwork Princess right now, so I will probably read CoHF pretty soon (September or October). I don't want to have a busy reading pile when I read it.

Continue a Series
If I were making a T5W for series, VA/Bloodlines would definitely be on it, yet I've had Silver Shadows on my shelf for two years . . . *clings to characters* I DON'T WANT TO SAY GOODBYE. :'( I know I this isn't the last book, but reading it would put me one step closer to finishing and I'm just reluctant to take that step. Plus, what if I suddenly don't like the series as much anymore? It HAS been over two and a half years since I've been in that world. I've changed a lot since then.

Got For Review
I haven't read a Mindy McGinnis book yet even though I've had my hands on all of her published novels at one point or another. But I WILL GET TO ONE THIS YEAR. The Female of the Species looks like something I would really like, though I'm a little nervous to read it. It sounds like a book that will really make me think, but will have trouble sorting out my thoughts into a coherent review. (Really, I'm nervous about reviewing it!)

Because of Booktube
I'm slowly, SLOWLY reading more literary fiction. I definitely have quite a few on my shelves and at my library that I want to read, but . . . time. It takes time. I've seen Americanah on quite a few booktube videos and have gotten curious about it! I don't have many expectations, but I'm hoping I'll like it. :)

A Book I Put On Pause
I started this a few months ago and it was very good, but I found that I wasn't completely into it at the time. There were too many other distractions, so I decided to put it aside until a time when I can fully immerse myself in the story. I got the audiobook to help me with that. The sample I heard was amazing!


What books do you want to read by the end of the year? Have you read any of the books I mentioned? Did you do a T5W post too? I would love to see your post/video if you did!

Happy Reading! ~ Kaitlin ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.