Liz @ Let's Book About It created this really cool tag in excitement over the end of summer and I was one of the people she tagged! I really like this because I'm SO READY to say goodbye to the summer weather and say hello to my favorite season. Thanks for tagging me, Liz. ☺☺
1. Crisp fall leaves fall to the ground. The red, yellow and orange looks oh so pretty. What book on your TBR shelf is just as pretty?
The picture doesn't give justice to the beauty of this A Tale of Two Cities/Great Expectations bind up!
2. Fall scents are so warm and inviting. Old books smell just as welcoming. What’s the oldest book on your shelf? (or had the longest)
I think my copy of Middlemarch was printed in 1968, so I'm just going to go with that.
3. Fall means cooler temps, thank goodness! What book on your shelf would be the perfect “curl up with a blanket” book?
Ooh, When a Scot Ties the Knot by Tessa Dare! Though I'm reading it before fall begins. :D The Castles Ever After books feel like great, feel-good romantic comedy movies. They're funny! Plus, romances are my go-to "curl up with a blanket" books.
4. Fall also brings Halloween. Do you have a spooky or creepy book on your shelf?
Well, I have some creepy Grimm's fairy tales to read. I'll be reading stories here and there in September and possibly October. Then there's The Evolution of Mara Dyer! It might make a good October read since some spooky things probably happen in it.
5. Thanksgiving is for family, whether it’s blood or friendship. What book makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside?
Would it be odd to pick the Addicted/Calloway Sisters series by Krista and Becca Ritchie?? I mean, it's definitely not a light-hearted series, but I know there's going to be so much character growth and strengthening of family/friendship bonds throughout the series and that makes me happy. There's going to be pain and heartbreak and drama, but that's only going to make the happiest moments shine brighter. Plus, I'm pretty sure I'll love the rest of the series since I loved Addicted to You and Ricochet. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy to have almost guaranteed 4 and 5 star books at the top of my TBR!
6. Sweet Potatoes, Pumpkins and Apples are my fall favorites. What book are you just dying to read?
Let's add in hot chocolate and tea!! I've been drinking solely ice-cold drinks these past couple months and I miss my hot drinks. :( Punk 57 and Clanless are two October releases that I currently have on pre-order and I kinda want to skip September so I can read them sooner! Clanless is the sequel to Nameless, which is an awesome book! *drops link to review to encourage you to read it*
7. There is one downside to fall, shorter days (oh and that pesky heating bill). What’s one book sitting on your shelf that you aren’t too eager to pick up?
*eyes Allegiant and remembers all the bad things people have said about* Yep. I intend to read it, but I have to really push myself to pick it up.
8. Fall means you can turn off the AC and open those windows wide. Do you have a book on your shelf that is like a breath of fresh air?
Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead! I'm not picking it necessarily because it's a refreshing book in general, but because wrapping myself in a familiar world and catch up with characters I love reminds me how nice it is to move from summer to fall.
9. Fall always seems to go by too fast. Name the book you can get through the fastest and the one that will take you forever.
Haha, Saga volume 5 will definitely be the quickest read for me. The Hero of Ages is both a chunky book and one that I will have to read slowly and carefully. Though maybe I'll read it in a shorter amount of time than I expect?
10. Lastly, we all cheat! LOL! If you’re going to cheat (buy books) during the months of Fall, what books would you deem worthy?
These are the ones I'm eyeing the most at the moment! I know I'll want Saga volume 6 soon after reading the 5th volume. Nevernight needs no explanation because it's SO POPULAR. (I'm showing the UK edition because I'm more likely to get that.) The Girl Who Drank the Moon looks like a lot of fun and oh my, that cover is gorgeous. I want to finish the Addicted/Calloway series this year, so I need to buy the last two.