Friday, September 2, 2016

A Really Long Series Update

Since I came back from my haitus, I haven't been posting any sort of updates. I've been posting a lot of reviews (surprisingly), some lists, a couple tags, and a couple other things. But no book hauls, weekly updates, reading wrap ups, etc. I don't intend to bring back any of updates I used to do (except Anime Updates), but I felt like posting one for series! What I've been working on reading, what I want to read next, that sort of thing.

The goal here is to make me feel more organized and on top of the series since I really want work on finishing/continuing some, but who knows if it'll do that...

I'm including all the series I've made any progress in the past two months. Considering that I mainly read books in series...there's a lot to add. O_O The first category is sorted by priority the series have in my TBR at the moment.

Series I've Been Reading (July - August)
Addicted/Calloway Sisters by Krista & Becca Ritchie
Current Length: 10
Read: 2
Series status: I'm 99.9% sure this is finished.
Notes: I'm reading this series in the recommended order, so after Addicted For Now, I'll be reading Kiss the Sky.

The Others by Anne Bishop
Current length: 4
Read: 3
Series status: Last book releasing in 2017?
Notes: I've read some of Marked in Flesh and will be continuing it soon!

Castles Ever After by Tessa Dare
Current Length: 3
Read: 2
Series status: This is another series that's probably finished.
Notes: I'm finishing this series very soon!

Saga by Brian K. Vaughn and Fiona Staples
Current Length: 6
Read: 4
Series status: I really don't know how many more volumes there will be.
Notes: I'm reading #5 soon, then will hopefully be able to purchase the 6th one and read that soon too.

Chew by John Layman and Rob Guillory
Current length: 11 volumes
Read: 7
Series status: It's possible that the series will end in December, but I'm basing that on one little comment I came across.
Notes: My library only has 7 volumes right now, so continuing the series is tough right now. :(

Attack on Titan by Hajime Isayama
Current length: 20 volumes
Read: 6 (#8-13)
Series status: It's possible that the series will end in December, but I'm basing that on one little comment I came across.
Notes: I started reading this where the anime left off! I plan to read the 14th volume soon then continue the series on Crunchyroll with the free premium trial.

Frigid by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Current Length: 2
Read: 1
Series status: I think it's finished!
Notes: Scorched isn't high priority, but I think I'll liked it more than Frigid.

Wait For You by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Current Length: 5
Read: 4
Series status: The 6th book releases in November.
Notes: I would really like to get to the 5th book this year, but I have to buy it first.

On Dublin Street by Samantha Young
Current Length: 6?? (There are a lot of novellas and maybe a spin-off)
Read: 1
Series status: I'm pretty sure it's finished.
Notes: I recommended the next two books for my library to purchase through Overdrive, so I'm waiting to see if they get the books.

The Girl in Midnight by Melissa Grey
Current Length: 2
Read: 1
Series status: There's another book releasing next year.
Notes: I'm looking forward to the second book, but The Girl at Midnight left a bad last impression on me and I'm just not that eager to get my hands on the sequel.

Series I Finished

The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
FINALLY. I'M DONE WITH THE SERIES! I PUT CLOCKWORK PRINCESS OFF FOR FOREVER. The ending made me cry...

Gamers by Megan Erickson
I read the last two books a couple months ago! My favorite couples were Marley and Austin from Changing His Game and Chad and Owen from Tied to Trouble, though really, I adored all the characters!

Maus by Art Spiegelman
This was a little tough for me to get into because of the art. I was reading the words, but at the same time, I wasn't really taking them in. I did get a better hang of the story the more I read, so I still liked the books.

Unfinished Series I Caught Up On
Madion War Trilogy by S. Usher Evans
The third book doesn't release for awhile, but I'm feeling good about being caught up.

Court of Fives by Kate Elliot
I read the sequel and thought it was better than the first book! It helped that I didn't remember the first book and all my little issues with it when I continued the story.

The Vault of Dreamers by Caragh M. O'Brien
This series is decent! It's not a very memorable one, but I thought the second book was better than the first.

The Miscellaneous Category
Read First Book, But Won't Be Continuing Series
First and Last series by Laurelin Paige
Nil by Lynne Matson
White Sand by Brandon Sanderson

Read First Book, But May or May Not Continue Series
Fall Away series by Penelope Douglas
The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
Faith by Jody Houser

2016 Releases That Kick Off Series I Intend to Continue
Spells and Sorcery by S. Usher Evans
The Abyss Surrounds Us by Emily Skrutskie
This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab
Monstress by Marjorie M. Liu and Sana Takeda (The first collected edition released this year)

May Have Finished But Neeeeed More Books!
The Fixer by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Series I Want To Work on Continuing
The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare (one book left)
Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson (one book left in main series)
Farseer Trilogy by Robin Hobb (currently reading first book, have two books left)
Bloodlines by Richelle Mead (two books left)
Fostering Love by Nicole Jacquelyn (one book left)

I didn't realize there would be so much to add to this post. There are soooo many series to read!

What series have you been working on lately?

Happy Reading! ~ Kaitlin ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.