Monday, September 5, 2016

What TV Show Should I Watch Next? | Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesdays is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and a weekly meme where we simply make a top ten list for the week's topic.

This week's topic is pretty open! I generally avoid tv-related topics because I'm not as into tv shows as I used to be. I watch a lot of anime, sure, but I've barely glanced at any other shows lately. And I would post about anime shows if I haven't already posted about all the ones I've seen (in updates) and about ones I want to watch soon. But I guess I can try to get more into some?

Ten TV Shows I've Been Wanting to Watch the Most

I won't be including anime, but everything else is fair game. I'm also including two shows that I want to continue since I only had eight new-to-me shows that felt like they belonged on the list.


The other day, Eli @ The Silver Words told me I should watch this Korean Drama and I said I would try to make it the next show I start, so yes, this is the highest priority show on this list. I don't really know anything about it past the photos I've seen and even though I'm definitely not up to speed with Kdramas (seeing as how I've seen 1.5 shows in the past few years), I know this is very popular right now. I'm curious! Why do so many people love it?

W

I initially discovered this one from Mimi @ M&EM Read and ever since she told me about it, I've been keeping an eye out for it. From what I can tell, a daughter of a comic book writer finds herself taken into a comic book to solve a murder. . . . Then the male lead is a character in the book and they fall in love and solve the mystery together? I'm not entirely sure, but it sounds really interesting!! I love the concept. I've actually always wanted to watch/read more stuff where that sort of thing happens (not necessarily where one of the characters is from a book, but where someone comes from another world).

I've always been somewhat curious of this how, but my most recent reasons for wanting to watch it is Jamie Clayton. She narrates the audiobook of George by Alex Gino and she does is very well. I discovered that Jamie was in Sense8 and felt an extra bit of excitement for the show.

I've been eyeing this for a really long time, mainly because so many people LOVE it. The prison setting sounds a bit meh for me, but it looks like it has a lot of cool characters.

Jonathon Strange & Mr. Norrell
Okay, I don't know much about this, but I've seen the book mentioned on quite a few of the booktube channels I'm subscribed to. I didn't know until recently that it was turned into a tv show and now I'm really curious. The book is GIANT and not really something I want to read anytime soon, but a tv show might be easier for me to get into.

UnReal

DRAMA. I'm expecting lots of drama from this show. It's centered on the set of a bachelor-type reality show, so of course there will be many, many scandals. I really want to see it, though at the same time, I'm not sure if it'll go very well for me.


I'm so curious about this show, but I haven't made any move to start it! I love the idea of each season focusing on difference characters and locations. Plus, whenever I see trailers for the show, I tell myself that I should finally start watching it.


I overlooked this one for awhile, but it's starting to look like something I would really like. It seems to have a large crime aspect, which I tend to like in shows. Plus, I would like to see another Rob Thomas show since I loved Veronica Mars!

Third season of Orphan Black

I HAVE ACCESS TO THIS NOW. Most of my tv show watching goes through Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime (the free selection), but if it's something I have to rent, it's super low priority. The third season is now included with Prime and I'm really excited to watch it. Orphan Black is one of my favorite shows!

The Bates Motel
I got two seasons and two episodes into this show before my mood decided to push me towards something else. I really like it! The cast is pretty good...especially Vera Farmiga and Freddie Highmore.




Have you seen any of these shows? What other shows would you recommend based on what I put on my list? If you did a TTT, please feel free to leave me a link so I can check it out!

Happy Reading! ~ Kaitlin ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.