Tuesday, November 1, 2016

October Series + Spreadsheet Update

I feel like this update will be shorter than the last two, but we'll see how that turns out, huh? I didn't make any progress in most of the series that I was most interested in continuing because I went a little overboard with library books and was distracted by those. :D

Series Progress
Fullmetal Alchemist by Hiromu Arakawa (translated by Akira Watanabe)
Current Length: 27
Read: 19
Series status: Finished!
Notes: Only. Eight. More. Left. :o 

Desertera by Kate M. Colby
Current Length: 2
Read: 1
Series status: I'm guessing that it's only a two-book series, but it can be hard to tell with indie books.
Notes:  The sequel isn't high up on my TBR since it's a companion focusing on one of the supporting characters from The Cogsmith's Daughter.

The Young Elites by Marie Lu
Current Length: 3
Read: 1
Series status: The last book just released!
Notes:  I have the third book on hold through Overdrive, so I'll be finishing the series when it's my turn to check it out.

Jem and the Holograms by Kelly Thompson (writer)
Current Length: 19 issues/3 volumes
Read: 2 issues
Series status: Ongoing
Notes:  I have a free trial of Comixology Unlimited right now to try a bunch of comics, so I was able to read the first two issues of this series for free. The first one is very strong, but I'm not as sure about the second one. I'll have to compare them to the other comics I read to see what I want to continue sooner than later.
Series I Finished
Razia by S. Usher Evans

Okay, I finished the main part of the series towards the beginning of the year, but Beginnings was the very last part that I had left. It's a prequel novella that shows how Lyssa became a pirate. It's a great addition to an awesome series and I already miss the characters. *weeps softly*


Unfinished Series I Caught Up On
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
I'm enjoying this series! I can't say it's super memorable to me, but I do have a great time when I'm inside the books.

Saga by Brian K. Vaughan (writer) and Fiona Staples (illustrator)
Ahhhh, I'm glad I got into this series!! I'm still really enjoying it! I'm now reading the single issues as they release and there's something about that makes the experience all the more special. :)

The Miscellaneous Category
2016 Releases That Kick Off Series I Intend to Keep Reading
Themis Files by Sylvain Neuvel - I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.


The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi - I'm glad I gave this a try!! I was on the fence about reading it, but it was on Overdrive and the audiobook sample was really good. (I'm still counting it as a series even though they're companions. I do that with contemporaries, anyway.)

Read First Book, But May or May Not Continue Series

The Shadow by Lila Bowen - Continuing depends on if I come across it at my library, though I don't think I'll be requesting a purchase of it anytime soon. The ending was intriguing, but I did struggle staying interested in the story of Wake of Vultures.

Hey, I Technically Started It


The Nevernight Chronicles by Jay Kristoff - Remember how I went a little overboard with library books? This was one of the ones I had, but I started it with two days left and decided to put it on pause. The beginning was rough for me and I know two days wouldn't be enough time for me to get into the story. The writing style threw me off...


Replica by Lauren Oliver - This was a DNF! I couldn't deal with the format. It felt more like a marketing gimmick than a creative storytelling technique, and I feel even strongly about that after getting some spoilers from a friend. And I wasn't into the characters or the story.

Spreadsheet Update
I just did a ton of work on the spreadsheet dedicated to series that I haven't made any progress in this year (it's much easier to keep the series I've been reading lately separate). I went through my to-read shelf on Goodreads and added all series that I found and did the best I could with the color coding. Then I added a column for books left so I could sort the series by how much I have left to read. I'm close to finishing a decent number of series. Actually, with most of the series that I have started, I only have one or two books left to read! 

Now I just need to finally finish some of these series...

I normally would add what I'm hoping to read this month, but that tends to jinx my reading choices, so I'll skip that part for now. But I do have some series that I want to get to sooner than others!

Have you read any great series lately?

Happy Reading! ~ Kaitlin ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.