Saturday, December 10, 2016

It's Time For an Update

I didn't really read enough books in November to warrant a series update for a post. Plus, I haven't updated on much of anything else in awhile, so . . . *presents a large update on everything*

Blogging
Posts have been spotty here for the past couple months and I have to say that frequency probably won't increase and stay consistent for awhile. I'm just out of ideas! I want to say that I'll post a bunch of reviews, but that requires me to actually READ, and I'm still in a slump. :/ I might have a couple more posts this week, but I'm not sure what'll come after that.

TV Shows
The Walking Dead

I caught up on the show! (Okay, I haven't seen the most recent episode.) It's kinda weird to be watching it as it airs because I binge-watched a huge chunk of it in a pretty short amount of time. I always knew who was going to die because I kept looking up spoilers in the Wikia pages and there were a lot of other events I was expecting to happen. Plus, the slower episodes were easier to get into when I was watching a bunch of other episodes the same day. Now the show feels much slower than before! I still love it, though. I've started the comic series so I could spend time with the characters as I wait for new episodes. (Not that the comic series is very similar to the show. For example: Daryl doesn't exist in the comics. His character is original to the tv show.)

Durarara!! 

This is an anime that I started towards the beginning of the year, but was too bored with to continue at the time. Last month, I realized it had been a long time since I had started a new anime (Fairy Tail had been the last one and I've made very little progress in that), so I decided to pick it up at the fourth episode. Then I was HOOKED. It was still a slow-moving show, but once I started paying more attention to the characters and the various conflicts and secrets, I just had to know what would happen next. If you do watch this, beware of the slow start. But it gets better! Celty (the Dullahan searching for her stolen head) is my favorite character. :)

Blue Exorcist

I was hooked on this one too! I jumped into it right after I finished the first season of Durarara!! and binge-watched it too. I didn't like it quite as much, but it was a pretty fun show. My favorite part was seeing how the brothers' relationship changed throughout the show. Great sibling bonds isn't something I come across enough in shows and books, so I really liked that Rin and Yukio were the main characters.

Gilmore Girls

I was SO. RELUCTANT. to watch this show. I don't typically go for dramas/comedies like these (you know, without paranormal elements or crime) outside of anime, so I always expected to be bored while watching Gilmore Girls. HA. I was sooooo wrong. This show is hilarious. :D It's a fantastic show to watch while working on something else because I'm able to still be sucked into what's going on even if my eyes aren't on the screen. That's rare for me! Usually, I lose track of the story and slowly stop caring about it when I multitask. Anyway, I absolutely love Rory and Lorelai! They remind me a little of my relationship with my mom. I'm not a huge fan of the romances (outside of one that just started), but it doesn't affect how much I love the show since it's about family anyway. If you're reluctant to watch this one, just try it. Warning: you may get hooked.

Music
There's not much else besides Kpop that I've been really into lately. :D


I've heard very few of Seventeen's songs, but "BOOMBOOM" is the second one that I've listened to over and over and over again. "Very Nice" was the first one. Both are super catchy and have some of my favorite dance routines from any other guy group. I can see myself become a bigger fan of them once I listen to more of their music, especially after seeing their mannequin MV and special dance practice video. When I see the humorous side of a group/artist, that tends to make it so much easier to become their fan.


I LOVE THIS SONG. It's much more R&B than pop (or, I think so; differentiating between genres has never been my strong suit) and it's beautifully sung. I absolutely love the video too. The music, Ailee's vocals, the styling, the dance, Yoonmirae's rap, the editing: it all seems so . . . on point.

My other recent favorite songs:
Reading
Series Update

I finished the Fullmetal Alchemist series! Now I'm ready to watch Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. :) I continued the Saga series with issue #40, which felt even shorter than usual. D: I started read two books that start new series: The Star-Touched Queen and Caraval. I'm definitely going to read the companion of the former, but I'm really not sure if I'll read the sequel (companion?) to Caraval. As for comic series I started that I didn't mention in this post, I read Giant Days volume 1 and Chi's Sweet Home volume 1. I want to continue reading both series, but Chi's Sweet Home is pretty low priority.

TBR Excitement

Here are some of the books I'm *hoping* to read soon. A bunch are library books, so I have a limited time to read them. The others are e-arcs! Ideally, I would get through as many of my fall ones before the end of the year, but I highly doubt I'll get to many of them. 

Random Things I've Been Excited About
  • I'm back on Instagram! I have an account for lettering practice under the handle @PurpleOwl21 and it's been pretty fun so far. I've been keeping up with a December challenge better than I ever did with bookstagram type ones, which is . . . kinda surprising. I was always really bad with sticking to challenges. :D 
  • I started bullet journaling! I get why it's been a big thing. It's so much easier for me to keep up with than a formatted planner from the store. Bullet journals are fully customizable and there's photos and videos available for inspiration. It's fun! It's actually helping me keep track of the songs I keep listening to since I created a section for songs.
  • Movies! December is always a really good month for movies, so I've been recording a bunch on TV to make sure I get to them. I'm finally going to watch The Polar Express. How The Grinch Stole Christmas should be one I watch soon, as should be a rewatch of The Wizard of Oz. I've been hoping to find Home Alone (my FAVORITE Christmas movie) on the schedule, but I haven't found it on any of the channels available to me. A Star Wars marathon is going on as I type, which means that I will *gasp* finally be able to say that I've seen a Star Wars movie soon. Or six.
  • Baking? My mom and I keep talking about baking for the holidays, but we haven't made any decisions just yet. Just banana bread, which we're making because the bananas are overripe and not because it's December. We might be making some sort of cake that involves pineapple, coconut, and crushed pecans (I'm blanking on the name), but again, we haven't any final plans on when to make it.
What have you been excited about lately? Have you been watching any really good shows or listening to great songs?

Happy reading! ~ Kaitlin ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.